Wednesday, August 20, 2014

(No cost to you) Bunny Rescue Fundraising Challenge

Rabbit Ramblings will donate funds to the The House Rabbit Society and the Georgia House Rabbit Society based on the net increase in RR page "Likes" on its Facebook page by September 30, 2014. [Starting Likes count is 6,060.]

This donation will be for much needed emergency rescue medical care and vet expenses. An influx of mistreated bunnies recently has depleted medical funds.

If you have already "Liked" RR (thank you from RR & G/HRS), then tell your bunny friends to "Like" RR on Facebook, re-post the challenge or "share" it from the RR Facebook page. (Non-bunny people will “un-like” it and that gets us nowhere.)

P.S. On this page, there's a "Like Us on Facebook" button near the top of the right hand column, under the Pages list. The donation is for increased "page likes" (versus individual posts on the Facebook page - but you can "Like" those, too. Comments welcome).

If you would like to make a donation yourself:
And Thank You!

So many bunnies need help...



[08-19-2014] Bubba and Willa were dumped on a loading dock. GHRS took them in and gave them the best medical attention and care. They were doing great and almost ready for adoption. Then they started rapidly losing weight. After several trips to the vet, x-rays, lab tests and blood work, it appears that they have some form of poisoning or an extremely rare genetic disorder. GHRS has been giving them injections, sub q fluids and a mixture of oral medications twice a day. Recently started weaning them off of some of the meds and reducing the dosage on others. They were holding steady but the next several days will be a deciding factor. Please keep these babies (7 months old) in your thoughts. Believed to be a Lionhead-Flemish mix, they are going to be gentle giants if GHRS can get them through this. They will be going back to the vet this week for a repeat of x-rays, blood work and other labs.


[08-10-2014] Rio was very underweight on arrival, but is slowly gaining back some of that weight now that he is at the center. He seems like a very sweet bunny, and will hopefully continue to improve as time goes by. The hardest part of his rehab is not giving him all of the food that he can eat. We have to be very careful not to feed him too much too fast; he is on medications to help his body get used to absorbing nutrients. He is steadily gaining weight and beginning to trust humans.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I have been following the updates on the Georgia HRS and really want to help Rio and Bubba & Willa! I've seen updates on Facebook and Tumblr on Rio's story and started a giveaway/fundraiser myself. I originally was going to donate up to $100 to my local HRS, but now I want to give half to GHRS as you guys REALLY need it. I have liked your FB pages, but I don't know if that is enough. I want to do more, so I will include GHRS in my giveaway. Basically, if I get 1000 notes on my post, I will donate $100. If I don't meet that goal, I will donate $1 per 10 notes. As of right now, we have 160 notes... that's only $16. No cost to participants, they just have to "like" and "reblog" the giveaway post: http://nuggetbuns.com/

    It ends tomorrow at 12pm EST, I will announce winners who will receive free bunny tshirt or tote bag from Cottontail Studios. I don't know if I can get more notes until then, but if we do, I will donate half of it to GHRS. I need help promoting though.

    ReplyDelete